Monday, November 09, 2009

Zenoss and Cisco ASA

It's pretty easy to set up Zenoss enterprise to monitor a Cisco ASA device. It's just SNMP, and you get the interfaces, which we've had trouble with in the office lately, and you also get the CPU and memory on the device which is pretty much good enough. I'd like to keep a log of changes to the device, but we more or less get that with Traps. I need to set up the the mib translations both to do it, and so we see better messages for the traps we get.

Today, i want to get Exchange set up and show it around and maybe WMware if Dave can help me with it.

I'm also setting up Ubuntu on my laptop. I'm setting up Cisco VPN client so I need to install the Linux headers so it can compile the module. I got Cisco vpn working with just the network vpn that came with Ubuntu. I imported the cisco.pcf and voila!

No comments: